ESTABLISHING RESOLUTION-PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
WHEREAS, the Town Board wishes to establish a Public Works Committee, and;
WHEREAS, a Public Works Committee would be beneficial to advise the Town Board regarding all public works matters of the Town;
NOW THEREFORE, LET IT BE RESOLVED by the Town Board of the Town of St. Joseph, meeting in regular session, that a Public Works Committee be established and the Town Board is authorized to appoint up to five committee members, one of whom will be Town Board Member, who shall meet and make a formal report at least once every quarter, without compensation, regarding the public works matters of the Town to the Town Board as follows:
1. To identify and recommend potential maintenance needs for roads by inspecting each and every road at least twice annually, specifically in the spring and fall.
2. To review and describe specific topics relating to Local Roads.
3. To recommend ongoing road maintenance needs as they are identified.
4. To recommend seal-coating and crack-sealing needs through the inspection of roads as identified in the long range plans.
5. To recommend long term planning in regard to road rehabilitation or reconstruction.
6. To identify ways to gather additional road traffic information to prioritize repair needs.
7. To recommend Road Restriction dates.
8. To create a Sign Inventory Plan following State Statutes, requirements, and guidelines.
9. To recommend replacement and/or new sign requirements.
10. To recommend a plan for mowing services and equipment, weed control, invasive species eradication, water drainage issues, or any other needs identified as pertains to roads, easements, ditches, culverts, and right of ways.
11. To recommend future road development by being actively involved with service providers and contractors.
12. To keep abreast of the latest trends by attending workshops pertaining to Public Works.
13. To interface with the residents through personal contact with regards to public works complaints.
14. To annually review and recommend to the Town Board changes and updates to the Town of St. Joseph’s Comprehensive Plan as pertains to Public Works and as needs dictate.
I hereby certify that the foregoing resolution was duly adopted by the Town Board of the Town of St Joseph at a legal meeting held on the 27th day of June, 2013.
Daniel Gavin, Chairperson
Nicole Stewart, Town Clerk/Treasurer