Public Safety Committee
About the Public Safety Committee Charter
The Public Safety Committee meets on:
- The annually on the 3rd Tuesday of February and additionally as needed
To provide the Town Board of the Town of St Joseph with advice regarding the safety, security, health and welfare of the Town residents and visitors. To plan for future needs and equipment updates as regulated, required or updated to provide the highest quality of service within the Town. To interface directly with the Town of St. Joseph Fire Department and the Town of St Joseph Emergency Medical Services(EMS) Department to clearly understand their requirements and needs.
The Public Safety Committee is comprised of no less than five and up to seven members of the community.
- Citizen Member 1
- Citizen Member 2
- Citizen Member 3
- Citizen Member 4
- EMS Chief or Designee
- Fire Department Chief or Designee
- Town Board Member
- Town Board Member
- To identify and recommend potential maintenance or replacement needs for equipment by interfacing with the Fire Department and EMS Department.
- To identify future needs and recommend solutions as far out as possible due to the high cost of equipment acquisition/replacement.
- To recommend replacement or new sign requirements for Fire Bans or Fire Numbers.
- To plan for tornado siren warning systems within the Town.
- To plan and be the liaison with the Emergency Management Center.
- To plan and be a liaison with St Croix County Sheriff’s office regarding issues of Public Safety, i.e. Placement of registered sex offenders, traffic concerns, or chronic crime issues.
- To work with town Zoning Administrator/Building Inspector to resolve and make recommendations to the Board regarding nuisance and/or unsafe structures within the Town.
- To keep abreast of the latest trends by attending workshops pertaining to Public Safety.
- To interface with the residents through personal contact with regards to Public Safety complaints.
- To annually review and recommend to the Town Board changes and updates to the Town of St. Joseph’s Comprehensive Plan as pertains to Public Safety and as needs dictate
Interested in Serving on the Public Safety Committee?
Send a Letter of Interest to email@example.com
The Public Safety Committee was established by Resolution 2013-06 June 27, 2013
Mon, May 27
Sun, Jun 2
Mon, Jun 3
Tue, Jun 4
Sat, Jun 8
Mon, Jun 10
Tue, Jun 11
Wed, Jun 12
Thu, Jun 13
Mon, Jun 17