About the Finance Committee Charter
The Finance Committee meets on:
- quarterly to review Town financial information and sets additional Special Meetings as necessary.
The Finance Committee of the Town of St. Joseph advises the Town Board and the Town Clerk/Treasurer about a broad range of financial matters of the town.
- The seven committee members will consist of:
- Fire / EMS Representative
- One Town Board member
- Parks, Trails and Recreation/Plan Commission Representative
- Public Works Committee Representative
- Town Clerk / Treasurer
- Citizen Member 1
- Citizen Member 2
- Deputy Clerk/Treasurer
- Citizen Member
- Advise the Town Clerk/Treasurer and the Town Board about financial matters including but not limited to the following:
- Borrowing Plans and Strategies
- Custody and Investment of Town Funds
- Fees and Costs of Financial Arrangements
- Selection of Financial Service Providers
- Annually review the Town Debt instruments to ascertain opportunities to make advantageous changes and present recommendations.
- Develop an annual quarterly cash flow projection.
- Develop, update and maintain a ten-year financial plan relative to the Town’s needs.
- Monitor budget preparation.
- Monitor custody of funds to assure safety and optimization of investment returns.
- Monitor expenditure of funds in comparison to budget.
- Provide advice to the Town Clerk/Treasurer and Town Board as requested.
- Any other duties that are relative to financial matters, not herein enumerated.
Interested in Serving on the Finance Committee?
Send a Letter of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Finance Committee was established by Resolution 2015-03.
Mon, Jan 20
Wed, Jan 22
Mon, Jan 27
Tue, Jan 28
Mon, Feb 3
Tue, Feb 4
Wed, Feb 5
Mon, Feb 10
Tue, Feb 11
Wed, Feb 12